Sunday, May 7th 11am - 1pm
Yahara Place Park
Bring a picnic and hang out among friends and neighbors!
|Photo by Maureen Cassidy 2011|
We started the picnic in the park for our kids, and now they expect it, along with many other families who have faithfully been there all these years. I feel proud to say, the picnic holiday is truly an asset to our Madison community.
The May Picnic in the Park goes like this:
- we gather from 11-1 on what is generally a very windy day at the Yahara Place Park
- children help decorate the pole with flowers
- musicians bring instruments and play whatever they feel like
- families plop down blankets and picnic baskets
- we have a great time playing, share food with friends and neighbors, and maybe even prancing around the pink pole